Our Disaster Risk Analytics group brings together students and researchers with a variety of backgrounds and interests who share the common goal of reducing the vulnerability of communities to natural hazards. Some of the expertise relevant to our research includes engineering, computer science, design, statistics, economics, geography, social science, environmental science, earth science, remote-sensing and data analytics.
- Opportunity to conduct novel and impactful research in a thriving research environment.
- Gain expertise in cutting edge analysis and data science methods applied to complex socio-technical problems.
- Gain access to unique equipment (e.g. remote sensing, computation clusters, visualisation lab), and unique data.
- Collaborate with other leading academic partners (e.g. Stanford Urban Resilience Initiative), international organisations (e.g. World Bank, United Nations), industry partners (e.g. RMS, ARUP), and NGOs (e.g. Red Cross).
- Experience a thriving city in the heart of South-East Asia.
The types of people we are looking for are:
- Passionate about their technical discipline, with social consciousness and curiosity.
- Collaborative, enthusiastic, adventurous, communicative, and hard working.
- Not afraid of math and statistics.
- Experienced with programming.
- Excited to contribute to reducing the vulnerability of communities in South-East Asia and beyond.
- Willing to conduct field-work in countries across Asia-Pacific.